Friday, January 23, 2009

King of Nations

Have you heard the song He Loves Us by John Mark McMillan? It's a great song. Really great song. But lately it's been sort of annoying me, dare I say it. The story behind the song is really cool! If you haven't heard it I highly recommend it. In the past few months it's become one of the most well known songs in Christian music. Very cool! But here's where it starts bothering me. It's one of those songs that has got everyone closing their eyes and lifting their hands. "Worship" is what most would call it but worship means a lot more than that to me. It bothers me because I think we as Christians are slowly forgetting everything that God is about. Yes, He loves us! He is a Great and Loving God! But He is also a Consuming Fire. A Jealous God. Alpha and Omega. KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. KING OF NATIONS. THE LORD MOST HIGH. SOVEREIGN. ALL-POWERFUL. I've yet to hear a song about God being a Consuming Fire, much less a popular song about it. I'll let you know if I hear one.

Let's not forget who God is.

No comments: